QIIB leads plan for Morocco Islamic bank, insurance firm

International Islamic (QIIB) chairman and managing director Sheikh Dr Khalid bin Thani al-Thani and Morocco’s new Prime Minister Abdelilah Benkirane discussed in a meeting the prospects of setting up an Islamic bank and an insurance company in the North African country.
They analyzed ways to further strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries with particular focus on Qatari investments in Morocco.
Sheikh Khalid proposed the opening of a joint venture Islamic bank and an insurance company in Morocco with majority participation (51%) by the North African country’s citizens and the remainder with Qataris (49%).