Yemen Microfinance Network

Islamic Microfinance research study initiated in Yemen

AlHuda Center of Islamic banking and economics (CIBE) Initiated a Islamic Microfinance research study for Yemen Microfinance Network (YMN) in Yemen. This study will be conducted in Yemen's capital Sana'a including Taiz, Adan and Almoukla, so that the Islamic Microfinance products can be examined broadly and further Islamic Microfinance products can be developed with the compatibility of the existing structure. The share of Islamic Microfinance in Yemen's Microfinance sector is approximately 90% and the remaining 10% are also converting their portfolio into Islamic Microfinance. The increased outreach of the Microfinance sector is expected to help eradicate poverty.

Yemen to host international workshop on Islamic Microfinance

As Islamic Microfinance gains popularity in Arab countries, AlHuda Centre of Islamic Banking and Finance and Yemen Microfinance Network plan a two-day training workshop on Islamic Microfinance. It will take place on 16th & 17th September, 2012 in Yemen's capital city Sana'a. The event's goal is to increase the reach of Microfinance Institutions. Topics such as the proper utilization of Islamic Microfinance for alleviation of poverty in poor countries, Islamic Microfinance Products and their structure, Shari'ah principles of Microfinance and MicroTakaful are part of the programme.

Syndicate content